
I'm sitting here in the hallway at school. On the floor. Exhausted, but surprisingly rejuvenated! We have a break and I'm taking advantage of this time to decompress. I'm liking this. The first half of my day was demonstrating trach suctioning and cleaning. Then we had this simulation. A unrehearsed scenerio. I'm the nurse...and GO. Like a performance. and I like to perform.
Things are making sense. They're comin together. Light bulbs are flashing!
What I've learned these past few weeks is that i have to give worth to what I do. I may not want to do it.. and it's hard work.. but when I give it my worth, my time, my care, my effort, and responsibility the outcome has been so successful. Really and truly.
Nursing 2 is ALMOST over.. and i can not wait until these next 4 weeks are over.
Act as if....
You are great.
You are capable.
You are incredibly valuable.
What you are doing matters.
Here is now. Not tomorrow or yesterday.
I have another 4 hrs to go. I can't look beyond this semester... even though i get so carried away and worry about what's next. All i can focus on is these next 4 hrs. Kind of like our simulation. What you do that very moment with your patient is the focus. Then re-assess. Again and again.
No comments:
Post a Comment