Grassy Point, you will be missed. It is this very spot, however, that I will miss the most. Many contemplative moments where spent here. It was this lake where sorrows were plunged and joy was picked up. Songs were written, prayers were prayed...
I am moving yet again.
I am excited and I am sad. Sad because i will miss living with my roommate who has become like a sister to me. The laughs, the sillyness, the deep conversations, the hugs, the shared tears..the dance competitions and the fights over who will take out the trash. haha. I love you Jess.
Packing.
I don't know about you but there is something that always comes over me when I stand, wiping my brow, sneezing out the last remnants of dust particles.. looking around at the pool of boxes. I always cry.
Why?
These boxes are reminding me of this..
The past and the future. My thoughts are trapped in these two places. Always.
So as I ask myself many times.. "Melissa, what can you learn?" Because everything has meaning..everything is spiritual.
I want to be excited. I don't want to focus too much on being fearful of what may or may not happen. I want to look back and smile but not dwell. I want to have a spirit of contentment right now. Here, at this very moment, in the midst of packed boxes and the rain storm that's keeping me from going anywhere right now.
"Rejoice in the things that are present; all else is beyond thee." ~Montaigne
You have a marvelous attitude about pain, loss and sorrow. This is just another time I see it.
ReplyDeletethank you.. you're a good soul.
ReplyDeletemontaigne also said, "the births of things are weak and tender and, therefore, we should have our eyes open intent on beginnings."
ReplyDeleteconsidering that the present is where the past meets the future, it is no wonder you have difficulty in remaining where you are. your intent to remain as focused on the present as you can be will be the best gift you can give yourself. consistently asking yourself "where is god in this?" not only zeroes you in on the moment, but it also assuages any concerns you may have for the future because you know it all beyond you and outside of your control. keep wrestling, my friend.
hmm. very true..
ReplyDelete