SANE. A sexual assault nurse examiner.
This is a program i learned about today. My future roommate is a nurse, and not just A nurse but an incredibly skilled and passionate one at that. She furthered her education to become a forensic nurse and now has the opportunity to work with this incredible organization for women who have been raped.
Not only do these nurses provide a safe place for these women to come and be thoroughly examined, but they are crucial in the investigation process to bring justice.
This video mentions that a victim of rape that goes directly to the ER can wait for hours and perhaps not get the immediate help and specific attention needed. Which is why I love that this program is in place with skilled nurses, therapists, doctors right at the bedside.
I'm proud of her. And I am so glad she will be doing this..
future roommate?
ReplyDeleteYes! I will be moving, this week in fact to a new place. bittersweet. our lease is up at the current pad. And Jess is getting married!! exciting! i cant believe a year has gone by so quickly! I wil be moving in with my childhood best friend, whom i've known for 21 years! crazy.. but true. so it will be fun times cause she's a crazy awesome chick!
ReplyDelete