Thursday, July 9, 2009

Stardust


Wine meets coffee and beer with assorted muffins and cafe sandwiches. It's eclectic, artsy dark and colorful with a menu written in chalk. i like this coffee shop. A more than tipsy woman reccomended I have wine. She slurred that i was boring when she discovered that i ordered a soy hazelnut latte instead. Maybe next time i will have a glass of wine or a vegan muffin that captured my curiosity.


I met with a friend from not only highschool but middle school as well. We laughed as we reminisced old times and the way we use to look and how silent i was and how we could both relate with a lot of the same things.


I loved talking to her. she is really smart. I like smart people.


I have been scared of different perspectives. Especially if it's not what I am use to, not what I have been accustom to hearing.


The one thing I am not scared of is questions. I ask a lot of them. I have a sincere desire to learn. And i can sincerely admit that i have no earthly idea.


When I was little me and my best friend would watch movies during our summer breaks. She had this ability to sit quietly and patiently throughout the movie without any questions. It was as if she knew and watched with this quiet confidence. I on the other hand was envious of that ability and I found myself restless as the questions began to roll off my tongue. I was interrupting.


"Maybe because she felt she needed to escape. No that's her father's brother's second cousin. You'll see. Melissa, shhhh just watch."

I remember it so clearly. She was so annoyed. hehe.


I carry this into my adulthood. I am hoping it's a little more controlled and not as obtrusive.

Maybe I should stop relying on other people so much for answers and research for myself.
This is my next book i have decided to read:

No comments:

Post a Comment